Sunday, February 28, 2010

The consonants and vowels, the consequence of sounds.

"The world's got a nosebleed" it said,
"And we're flooding, but we keep on cutting the trees and the forests!"
And we keep on paying those freaks on TV, who claim they can save us
but want to enslave us. And sweating like demons they scream through
out speakers, but we leave the sound on 'cause silence is harder.
And no one's the killer and no one's the martyr.
The world that has made us can no longer contain us.
- Consequence of Sounds, Regina Spektor

I enjoy her style. She's not afraid to experiment in her songs which is why I find them so interesting. I'm agnostic, so when an artist makes a christian song that I can't help but sing along to, there must be some talent somewhere. I like that she writes her songs too, especially when they bring up important issues. Or if they're just cute. Doesn't Hannah kind of resemble her? Tell me if I'm crazy, haha.

This weekend has been busy, of course. Julie and I organized a play-date with our dogs Saturday. Both of them are adults, but neither of us have another dog in the household so we figured it might be nice for them to get together and see if they get along. For the most part they did. I brought Candy over there, she was a bit shy though.. They were both a little sketchy, sniffing eachother out and then backing away, easing closer, sniffing again. It was a process. I think they liked eachother by the end of it, we're going to get them together again :).

Candy, left. Shadow, right.
Then Saturday night a bunch of us met at a friends house to get chinese food and hang out. There was like.. nine of us, haha. It was a good time. We played with nerf guns downstairs, the guys jammed, we sat around talking; it was nice. I know I'll keep in touch with atleast half of them after highschool.

goodbye february.

Thoughts for March: more, more more!
- More posting. I think my issue is that I put off posting if I don't have alot to talk about. I'm afraid of boring people. However, that only leads to me never posting, and I hate it. I guess I'd rather write frequent posts varying in quality than always long, jam-packed ones a couple of times a month; that's lame. So here's to more posting!
- More SLEEP. All last week I was hitting the pillow around 1:00. Stupid. It's 11:00 already, but I'm making myself turn the lights out at 11:30. If I don't finish my math homework---who cares.
- More MAPLE! I'm totally taking it over this year, starting with scrubbing the sap buckets.
- Obtain a passport :).. I want to do some traveling this summer/the years to come. This summer would probably only be Canada or Mexico, but still.
Also, I need to finish financial aid junk this month. FAFSA, scholarships, everything.


All I need to do is get through March, then Spring Break is right around the corner :).
I hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I do quite love Regina Spektor! And now that I think of it, you're right, she and Hannah do look kind of alike :D They both have that insanely gorgeous hair, hehe.

You and Julie's dogs are cute! Their playdate sounds like it was a success :) The Chinese food hangout sounds like fun as well, even just sitting around talking!

Yes, post more! I always love hearing from you :D Oh, I also really need to start getting to bed earlier... oops, it's 11:38 already... well, tomorrow night maybe? :P And getting a passport for a few adventures would definitely be fantastic!

Here's to a good March! :)

Nicole Linette said...

Ugh, how did I miss this?!
Regina Spektor is incredible! Her words, he voice, her Soviet-ness.. it all works. I can't believe it's March already. I hope you can keep having a great time with your friends and making these lovely postss :D!