Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hello Summer

I love when the days all start colliding, and you actually have to check the calandar, because you have no idea what day of the week it is :). That's the joy of vacation. I've been spending time with my favorite people lately, Amanda, Julie, and Tom. They keep me nice and occupied. So socially, I'd have to say that I'm pretty set. Although I do miss people that I don't see all of the time, like Shayla, Diffee, Jenna, Zack, I miss those guys :(. I want to have a late birthday party, but the motivation to plan it has yet to kick in.
I wish there was a way for me to make money while writing. Like I wish I could write for something like a newspaper, but I think they only take actual journalists. Making my own zine would be pretty cool too-- but for one it would probably cost more than it would make me, especially since I'd probably distribute them for free, plus I don't even know what kind of content I'd fill it with. I've always wanted to make one, but it's kind of looking doubtful unless I can spark the creative juices. I find it really annoying that we have a pretty nice looking library in our town, but it's only open for like 2 hours, twice a week. From what I've heard and seen, the inside isn't all that impressive either. It'd be nice if someone would fix it up and make a pleasant place out of it. I want to make or join a book club too :):). Now that, would be fun. Maybe I could start my own, or wait til school starts up, I don't know. I'm not even sure if anyone would be interested except for Amanda, haha. We could have a little two person book club, how exciting. I remember reading about a teen night at the crandall library on Thursdays.. but I'm kind of nervous to go, because I probably wouldn't know anyone there, and yeah haha. But maybe I should take a chance, I mean what's the worst that could happen? Well I suppose it could be a nerd trap, and may result in some bully in a striped tshirt 3 sizes too small, breaking my glasses on the floor, but it's a risk worth looking into.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! ^^ Haha, I love when days start bunching up together. It seems much funner to spend your vacations that way. But yet it seems to make them go by much quicker. Which isn't very fun. Lol. I hope you have a great week! Hit me back. :)

Smara said...

I say you go to that teen night, it sounds fun and it could be an oppurtunity for you to make new friends! Good luck with writing a magazine and everything! =]