Monday, July 21, 2008

I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand

Today was downright boring :(.
Well, I did accomplish some things today. Like I went on my treadmill for the first time in a few weeks, and I caught up with some people that I haven't talked to in a bit. So all in all, even though it was a slow, boring day, it wasn't completely pointless. Charette, my supervisor, felt sick, so she called me off of work. I kinda wanted to hang out with friend, but neither Amanda or Julie seemed too into the idea, so I just let it go.
So that leaves me bizzlebored! I'm thinking tonight will be the night I make a list of things I wanna do this summer, so I can feel a bit accomplished before the days completely slip out from under me. I really don't want to look back and regret this summer, I wanna have fun :):)!
So I'm gonna name off some things I want to do or try, and maybe I could get some suggestions from people? I wanna try some new things, so feedback would be cool.

*go to a playground with friends & take lots of pictures
*chill at a beach and watch fireworks
*throw myself a late birthday/end of summer party :):)
*get into creative writing & come up with some drafts
*teach myself how to actually cook. like good food. hahah
*successfully work on building a cool fort for me and my friends.
*organize what i hope could be the start of a student newspaper.
*go to as many fun concerts as i can :):). even though they never come here.
*record atleast 2 or 3 fat betches videos. [mine and my friends jam band :P]
*check out all the places i think might be fun. aimie's dinner & movie, new restaurants, bookclub,ect
*go to an amusment park atleast once. and go to the fair a couple nights :).


i'm sorta having trouble coming up with more things :(:(. what do you guys do for fun?


The good thing about being stuck by yourself is it gives you time to think and gain perspective. I like being able to take walks down my road with just me and my ipod, letting thoughts come and go. I'm a thinker, so that's always a nice outlet for me. I just hate how sometimes I let my imagination get the best of me, and I overthink things. Like if I'm worried about something, I'll sometimes just let my thoughts go crazy and put together a worst case scenerio. I guess that's okay though, because if you're prepared for something, it's pretty likely you'll handle it better. I don't even know why I'm talking about this, since my thoughts didn't go crazy today, or anytime recently for that matter, but I just got on that topic.

I have this really random urge to swing on a swingset right about now, but I don't have one :(. Maybe because I have Swing Life Away by Rise Against in my head. That's where my title came from, by the by. It's a good song. I really wish this little rural town was better. I want a park, and a little cafe, and a library that's open more than 2 hours a week for 2 days. A cumberland farm's gas station and a pub down the street simply do not satisfy me. I can't wait til I'm out of here. I'm not really sure where I'll go, but I think I'll wind up somewhere nice as long as I keep a hold of my standards. Traveling is another thing I cannot wait to do. Being bored out of my mind, I looked up pictures of different places. I reallyreally want to go to England, as soon as I can.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So many places. I just really want to live an exciting life, and in order to do that I need to get fresh experiences and try new things. I think that's all for tonight. I want to go watch some [H]ouse MD. I'm in love with that show :).

No comments: