Was a success! :). I literally organized this whole thing in a matter of like, two days. But it worked out like I was hoping. Most of the people who promised me they would show up, did in fact come. Derek's mom was an absolute sweetheart, bringing unwanted games/christmas stuff/ect for us to sell. Her and my mom hung out while we all washed the cars. After making a run to the dollar store the previous night, and contacting a friend to supply some hoses, we were totally prepared for the task at hand. We made $241 doing this from 11:30 to 4ish, having a blast while doing it. Zack tried to play dictator, splitting us into "quadrants", each of us responsible for a specific task of cleaning. Lindsey and I were #1, the frontal/windshield region, haha.
So now I feel a little better about prom,but I'm not so thrilled with this sunburn :P. I have the most rediculous ones on my feet from wearing my flip flops all day, hahah. It's so weird looking. Plus my shoulders are like, cherry red. It was totally worth it though. Now I just need to put the money in an envelope, and write up some nice thank-you letters to people who helped us. This is slowly becoming less stressful.
Unfortunately I have a new source of worry though. New Visions. I'm completely excited, but interviews take a toll on my nerves. I'm the first person to be interviewed as well, bright and early at 8:00 Tuesday morning. Wish me luck.
I was tagged by Hannah :)
& I tag anyone who's up for the challenge!
1. Respond and rework; answer the question on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, and if you want -add more questions of your own!
2. Tag 8 other people:
What is your current obsession?
- Prom, and making sure it's planned out decently enough not to fail miserably.
Once that's over and done with, I can devote time to less stress-filled obsessions :).
What songs are currently on constant repeat?
- Do You Believe in Magic [The Lovin' Spoonfuls]
- Don't Trust Me [3OH3!]
- Start Wearing Purple [Gogol Bordello]
Who cooks the best for you? (I changed it because I couldn't choose a favorite food :X)
- Grandma's always #1, but it's harder for her now. So usually my chef of choice is Tom, because I can sometimes sucker him into making me delicious omlettes :). Or his dad, he makes a crazygood breakfast.
What is your favorite smell?
- Vanilla, laundry detergant[haha?], and anything scrumptious in the kitchen.
What are you wearing today?
- Ugh, I'm boring today. Denim skinny jeans, black camisole, jewelery. Earlier I was also wearing a purply-grey teeshirt.
Why is today special?
-BECAUSE IT IS SHAYLA'S BIRTHDAY!
I feel so awful that I can't be there to celebrate with her :/. But I hope she had a great time regardless! :)
What would you like to learn how to do?
- Speak multiple languages, fluently.
- Ballroom dance ;)
- And how to make/fix a bunch of things. I wish I had mechanical skill.
- Oh, and how to play the piano better than I know how to already. [which isn't very well :P]
When are you the most inspired?
- When I'm free to think. Like walking down quiet country roads, or laying in the grass. I can't be distracted by other things like the television or computer. When my brain is unwinding.
What is your most challenging goal right now?
- Well, to get accepted into New Visions. The interview is Tuesday, and I'm nervous :/.
- Having a successful prom. Planning the whole thing is so stressful, I'll be relieved when it's over.
If you could have a home totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
- Oh wow, that would be quite nice :). I'd have to do my research, but somewhere in Europe I imagine. I would want to live in a cute, quirky town, not too far from a lively city, where I could have a beautiful bookstore.
What are you looking forward to most this summer? How about least?
- I cannot wait to have the freedom of driving around with my friends, going everywhere, without school being in the way. I cannot wait to be sunkissed and free spirited.
- As for least, I'll be sad if Julie winds up moving away somewhere. I don't think she will, but Julie's unpredictable like that :P. She might decide to go off to South Carolina or someplace.
What would you like to have in your hands right now?
- A huge wad of cash, hahaha. Or a plane ticket and hotel reservations for England.
What would you like to get rid of?
- People who are ignorant and self-centered, unwilling to open their minds.
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
- A warm island, maybe somewhere in the Caribbean.
What are your plans for the future?
- Attending a good college, educating myself as well as I can.
- Maybe do something medical/psyschologically related. Or journalism.
- Keep the wonderful friends I've made, and possibly make a few more.
- Enjoy the life I'm living, write a good book, or two. However many I can squeeze out :).
- I eventually want to live in a big, beautiful house in a nice town, with my own bookstore.
- Oh, and being with the guy I wind up in love with would be pretty nice.
Who do you want to meet right now?
- Markus Zusak, I love his writing. Or John Green.
Who is your favorite female artist?
- Regina Specktor, she has an amazing voice. Plus she doesn't go around getting a bad reputation.
- Forever 21 for like, everything. PacSun for skinny jeans.
What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
- How can I chooseee :P. I like different items for different reasons.
For casual, I love my Tilt skinny jeans, purple camisole, and grey scoop neck tee.
Getting dressier, I like my indigo colored ruffled dress, along with my black cardigan.
If you had 10,000 dollars now, what would you spend it on?
- I would buy books :)!, some new clothes, and things for my friends.
The rest would go towards savings, and probably a charity of my choice.
Do you admire anyone's style?
- Sure, there are alot of stylish people out there. Whenever I see a really well put together outfit, I think "Dang, I wish I had that." Hahah :P. Nicole, for example, is one of those people with great style.
Describe your personal style?
- Eh, I'm working on making it more unique.
But currently, it's moderately casual. Alot of skinny demin, scoop necks. I try to jazz things up with a nice sweater here and there, occasionally a dress. I need more unique pieces.
What are you going to do after this?
- I am guessing it'll be bedtime :P. It's past ten already, I'm offically beat.
What is the best book you've ever read?
- Another tough one. The Book Theif will probably have to take the cake, but I have alot of wonderful stories that I love. Thirteen Reasons Why, Looking for Alaska, and I plan on reading even better.
What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Hannah! :) She's wonderful. That girl just seems to have a way with words and writing that makes me love reading her insights and just all about her day, without ever getting bored. I envy the ambition she has. Plus she's very pretty.