Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Yikes, it's coming.

I'm getting a bit sick of the rain.
Lately it happens every day, and it's unusually gloomy this morning. Maybe I'm just noticing because I'm rarely up this early, atleast not during summer :P. Eight thirty, what a load of crap.

I finally went to see The Dark Knight last night, I couldn't resist after all of the hype. I've failed to see any Batman movies before this, so I was a little confused at times. It didn't take me long to catch on though, and I enjoyed it :). Heath Ledger as the Joker was definitely my favorite part by far. I wish they would have shown him a little more, but it was well made anyways. I'm always a sucker for the brilliant villain in movies. I like to be intrigued, so characters that can do that to me, usually gain my full attention.

I still can't believe there's only a month left of summer vacation.. I don't even know where it went, it feels like it should be the beginning of July or something. It seems like the older you get, the faster time flies. I guess that's a good thing though, so maybe the school year will fly too :). I'm halfway looking forward to it, halfway dreading. On one hand I know this will probably be the best year I've had, I'm feeling pretty motivated and driven. But the work is annoying and school just gets so old, so fast. Plus I probably won't see Tom at all since he's going to Boces. It's this place where whoever chooses to goes, after like fourth period, and they learn a trade all year. I think he signed up for small engine repair or something. I'm kinda hoping he still works on my farm this year, so I'll see him after school anyways :).

While I'm feeling oh so motivated, I should probably set some goals for myself because it's 100 times more likely I'll actually reach them if I put them down for you guys to see. If I don't reach atleast some of them, I'll just look like this big loser :P, so yeah.

*Receive my junior license. That way I can finally drive MYSELF places >:]
*Hold a part time job. I'm thinking along the lines of a bookstore, yesyes?
*Remain on high honor roll, because I really need some scholarships.
*Improve on my writing. Either on my own or with a program, whichever works :P.
*Be healthier. Not in the "lose weight" way, just all around, nothing extreme though.
*Speak my mind(to an extent) instead of just keeping hushed to avoid confrontation.


I'll come up with more as school gets closer, but I want to savor summer for now :).
Other than that, I want to enjoy this year, and keep the friendships I have, and hopefully make them even stronger because the friends I have now-- I really do believe I'll have forever. If you're not living your life to the fullest, there's no point, and I'm not big on wasting :D. Who knows what happens when it's over with, so you might as well enjoy it here now.

4 comments:

Skippy said...

I liked your goals list, it's nice to always have something you're working twoards.

I never get sick of the rain, it could rain for days and it wouldn't bother me.

I'm a sucker for awesome cuper villians too. I mean Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty is soooo cool.

Natalie said...

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed The Dark Knight, I know I did. I do wish they had showed the Joker more too, but yeah.

I know, I can't believe school is coming up so fast. Less than a month for me. I sure hope that the school year does fly by as fast as this summer did.

And I like your goals list too. It's always good to have some motivation!

Nicole Linette said...

Ahh, the truth.

Schools does get old fast, doesn't it? I was reading through my notebook and found that statement from like the third week of last September, haha. It's exciting, yet I just am drained quickly. Agghh.

Those goals are great! I'll probably work on similar ones, except the speaking up ... I definitely do enough of that haha :)

peace&♥
nicole

p.s. I'm glad you liked The Dark Knight! still haven't watched it, but I'm not big into spending eight dollas to sit in a crappy theatre hahaha XD

just,sarah. said...

i can never understand villian movies haha. i like comedy idk why but the villian movies just dont catch my attention and keep it there. i like action but villian. idk haha. well nice blog. <33

hit back?